Consent Letter for Self-Managed Super Funds
Handling the division of assets during a separation can be challenging, especially when it comes to self-managed super funds. However, it doesn’t have to be complicated or costly. Our Consent Letter sample for Self-Managed Super Funds is one template that can help.
This consent letter template will assist you in writing a formal request to your self-managed super fund trustees. The purpose of this letter is to inform your super fund trustees of your intention to split your super fund as part of your property settlement. A different trustee letter template is available if your separation involves a commercial superannuation fund.
By using our Consent Letter sample template for Self-Managed Super Funds, you will save money on legal fees and have the flexibility to customise the letter to suit your circumstances.
It’s important to note that the Consent Letter for Self-Managed Super Funds is only for self-managed super funds, not commercial funds.
CHECKLIST: Do You Need the Consent Letter for Self-Managed Super Funds (consent letter sample) Template?
To determine whether the Consent Letter for Self-Managed Super Funds template will be of benefit to you consider if the following scenarios apply to you:
- You are going through divorce or separation
- Your agreement includes an order to divide superannuation held in a self-managed superannuation fund
- You need to notify your super fund trustees of your intention to split your super fund as part of your property settlement
- You want to save money on legal fees
- You wish to formalise the agreement yourself without engaging a lawyer
If you have answered yes to all of the above, this template is for you!