Superannuation Splitting Order (for commercial funds)
Legal proceedings following the breakdown of a relationship can be emotionally and mentally exhausting and filled with complex administrative red tape, especially when the division of superannuation is involved. But they don’t have to be.
Our Superannuation Splitting Order Templates, for the division of superannuation, can be downloaded instantly.
A superannuation splitting order is essentially a payment to your ex out of your superannuation fund. When superannuation funds are split, a portion of your superannuation is transferred or rolled over to your spouse’s super fund.
Superannuation Splitting Orders should be filed within 12 months of a divorce or two years from the end of a de facto relationship. If one, or both parties have commercial super funds, that is, funds that are industry based and not self managed, these funds may form part of the division of assets during separation proceedings.
CHECKLIST: Do You Need the Superannuation Splitting Order (for commercial funds) Template?
To determine whether the Superannuation Splitting Order example will be of benefit to you consider if the following scenarios apply to you:
- You are going through divorce or separation
- You have an industry backed superannuation fund
- You have decided to split the superannuation fund as part of the separation
- You have reached an agreement on how the superannuation fund will be divided
- You wish to formalise the agreement and make it legally binding
- You wish to formalise the agreement yourself without engaging a lawyer
If you have answered yes to all of the above, this template is for you!