Superannuation Trustee Letter
If your agreement with your ex includes an order to divide your superannuation, you may need to give notice to your commercial superannuation fund of the proposed superannuation splitting orders. This is where our Superannuation Trustee Letter template can help.
Our Superannuation Trustee Letter (sample letter to trustee) template is designed to be sent to your commercial superannuation fund. This template is for residents of Australia who have commercial superannuation funds. A different consent template letter is available if your separation involves a self-managed super fund.
Once you have completed the template letter, you will need to send it to your commercial superannuation fund with the proposed superannuation splitting orders. It is important to note that the proposed superannuation splitting orders to be enclosed with your letter need to accurately reflect the terms of your agreement.
CHECKLIST: Do You Need the Superannuation Trustee Letter (sample letter to trustee) Template?
To determine whether the Superannuation Trustee Letter template will be of benefit to you consider if the following scenarios apply to you:
- You are going through divorce or separation
- Your agreement includes an order to divide superannuation held in a commercial superannuation fund
- You need to notify your super fund trustee of your intentions to split your super fund as part of your property settlement
- You want to save money on legal fees
- You wish to formalise the agreement yourself without engaging a lawyer
If you have answered yes to all of the above, this template is for you!